6th Sep 2021
We are most pleased to have contributed the Cyprus chapter of Lex Mundi’s Global Investment Restrictions Guide.
Specific questions and topics addressed in this guide include:
• A short summary of jurisdictional foreign investment restrictions
• Sectors subject to investment restrictions
• Relevant thresholds and notifications
• Grounds to block a foreign investment
• The impact of COVID-19 on foreign investment restrictions
• Anticipated changes in the next 6 months
In today’s global market, it has become more common for cross-border acquisitions and investments to trigger foreign investment restriction screening requirements. Since the start of the pandemic, many jurisdictions have approved new screening regimes or revised pre-existing parameters. While some of these regimes may be eased in the coming months, many will likely remain as the new normal.
The Lex Mundi Foreign Investment Restrictions Guide was developed to help in-house counsel understand, navigate & anticipate regime changes on the horizon in more than 55 jurisdictions around the world, all in a side-by-side customized report.